Welcome to the Waterdeep: City of Splendors mud wiki. This is an unofficial but sanctioned wiki maintained by the players. You can connect directly to the MUD via telnet by clicking here or pointing your favorite MUD client to waterdeep.org port 4200.
You may also want to join the facebook group as a lot of updates and events get posted there. Waterdeep Facebook Group
Occasionally it is necessary to ask for donations to keep the mud up and running. The server costs are relatively low with our new server and when the charity cup gets passed, a few people tossing 5 bucks adds up to alot of time. [<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" target="_top"> <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_donations"> <input type="hidden" name="business" value="Donations@WaterdeepMud.com"> <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US"> <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Waterdeep Mud"> <input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="0"> <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD"> <input type="hidden" name="bn" value="PP-DonationsBF:btn_donate_SM.gif:NonHostedGuest"> <input type="image" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_SM.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!"> <img alt="" border="0" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif" width="1" height="1"> </form>]
In the following pages you will find the compiled information from players willing to take the time to document it. It includes:
- a leveling guide and equipment list,
- a listing for best in item slot for combat and caster classes,
- a guide to some of the basic crafted items in the game,
- and information regarding the installed activities in the game.
If you have something you wish to see on this wiki please feel free to contact Vorcet in game or... add it yourself! Beyond the pages containing links to downloadable files, anyone is welcome to edit here.
NOTE: Many changes have been made to the game and thus the guide will be changing. Keep an eye out for updates. (28NOV2012)
Leveling Guide: basic guide to leveling
- Leveling Equipment I: listing of equipment used to maximize stats, HP, mana, hitroll and damroll at level 1 second tier.
- Leveling Weapons: A listing of leveling weapons for various level ranges.
- Leveling Equipment II: Listing of equipment used to maximize stats throughout leveling.
Best equipment by slot: best equipment per item slot for hero level characters
Hero Equipment Database: database of all useful equipment for hero level characters
IQ Prizes and AP Rewards: items obtainable from immortal run quests and the AP reward system
Waterdeep Item Database: An outside site owned by another individual listing ALL items on waterdeep.
Airship Guide: A guide to all things regarding airships.
- Airship Hull Chart: A chart showing all of the hull designs and their max engines/weapons.
- Cargo: directions originating from the Torregiano cargo manager
Hero Run Information: weapons to use, basic directions, setting up and finishing each of the hero-level runs
- Run Basics: if you're new to hero runs, this is the place you should start
- Area Quest Tips: Some tips that everyone needs help with when working on the area quests.
- The Dreaming: an explanation of The Dreaming and the rewards
Area Directions: Directions to most places on the mud. (Verified: 9/25/2012)
Change Log: A list of changes and when they went into the game for reference.
Clans: all of the current clans of the realms
Class information: guide to each class in the game including key spells/skills and viable roles in a group setting
Mushclient Help: some hints and tips as well as useful plugins for the mushclient mud client.
Popular Myths: A page dedicated to identifying and proving/debunking popular Myths.
Race table: table of race base stats, size, immunities, resistences, vulnerabilities and permanent affects
Roleplaying Information: basic ideas and contact information for Roleplay Teachers
Questing: A listing of where quests go at each level.
Factions: list of all of the organizations that previously held the title of faction.
Old Clans: listing and information regarding now-defunct clans
Quotes: various amusing quotes, collected through the years