Airships are a very important aspect of the game as they allow you to do a few things. You can run cargo to make plat, use it to get to the city of heifong which has several desirable items in it as well as being wehre "rerebracers" are made, and it can be used as a portable recall location to anywhere you cand rive your ship to.
WARNING:Airship commands are only usable by second tier characters.
In this page we will discuss purchasing an airship, equipping it with engines and weapons, Getting set up as an airship pilot for cargo, and all of the associated commands for airship use and customization.
You can also access all of this information and more in the game by typing "help airship" and looking at any of the help files listed in there.
Purchasing A Ship
The First thing that you need to do is figure out what type of ship you want. On the Airship chart It is detailed what each ship is, how many engines and weapons it can hold, and how much the hull costs in platinum.
When deciding what hull to purchase there is really only two things to keep in mind. One is how much you wish to spend. And the second is the weight to engine ratio of the ship. A very heavy ship will need larger engines to reach the top airship speed, if that ship design can get there at all. Where as a smaller ship may be able to reach that speed with much smaller and therefore more inexpensive engines. Again you can reference the airship chart for what engines are needed to achieve a hull types max speed.
When purchasing your hull You use the List command to see all of the hull types. You choose the hull type you desire. Then the command to purchase it would be "buy 2 name of airship". The name of the ship can be anything you desire and may include color code. Do not include the word "The" at the beginning of the airship name as the mud includes this by default.
After purchasing your hull you will move to the engine shop. Having already consulting the airship chart, choose your engines you wish to buy. Type list and find your engine. The syntax for the purchasing command is "buy #" # being the listed number of your desired engine. Ensure that you buy the maximum number of engines available for your ship. The system will give you an error message when you are trying to excede the capacity of your ship.
in this list you will also see a "Manchousen teleport engine". This engine allows you to teleport your ship back to certain beacons in the mud above certain cities. it costs 5000 platinum but it is VERY handy to have.
Weapons are an optional part of the airship system. Airship weapons can only hit other airships. This allows you to have airship battles. Destroying the other ship and being able to board and loot it, assuming that the victim stores anything on board the ship. In days past you could steal the persons keys from their ignition if they were not fast enough and refund all of the persons engines and weapons. The command for this was removed and it is no longer possible.
This is done from one room south of the center of the Tarmac in The toregianno Airship port. You will see a pump on the ground and when you type "list" it will tell you How to purchase fuel for your ship. Your ship consumes fuel based on how long the keys are in the ignition. So it is adventageous to remove your key whenever not moving. Doing this will make it so that you have to refuel your ship far less often.
Purchasing Hull Reinforcement
Hull reinforcement coats your ship in the specified material adding to your ships overall hitpoints. This is done while outside your airship with its key in your posession. The Command for this is "hull (code)". The "code" stands for what hull you want. The following is a list of hulls, their cost, and how much HP they give.
- HULLWD: Wooden hull, Adds 10,000 HP, Costs 500 platinum
- HULLIP: Iron plated wooden hull, Adds 15,000 HP, Costs 1,500 platinum
- HULLPI: Plated iron, Adds 20,000 HP, Costs 2,500 platinum
- HULLSR: Steel reinforced iron plate, Adds 25,000 HP, Costs 3,500 platinum
- HULLPS: Plated Steel Hull, Adds 30,000 HP, Costs 5,000 platinum
- HULLSS: Solid steel hull, Adds 35,000 HP, Costs 7,500 platinum
- HULLMH: Materia Hull, Adds 40,000 HP, Costs 10,000 platinum
Driving your Airship
Driving your airship uses similar commands to moving around the mud. dd, du, de, dw, ds, dn, are the movement commands.
You can also open doors from within your ship using the "airopen (direction)" command.
"Airmap" will show a map of the area surrounding your ship whenever you move.
"Ping" will show a map of the area surrounding your ship on demand.
"Porthole" this command when used in a room of the airship will install a porthole allowing you to look in it and see the room outside.
"Anchor" This command will drop your anchor into the ground making your ship unable to be attacked while it is anchored. This becomes very important when moving your ship around and using it for its portable recall uses.
General Airship Commands
These are all of the commands associated with airships split into sectiones depending on type and usage.
- Airname: Type AIRNAME <NAME>, to change an airship room name.
- Airdesc: Type AIRDESC, to open the editting program.
- Airfurn: Type AIRFURN <RESTRING>, to restring your airship furniture.
- Bolt: Type BOLT <Furniture Name>, to remove the take flag from your furniture.
- Unbolt: Type UNBOLT <furniture name>, to give your furniture the take flag.
- Porthole: Type PORTHOLE, to place a porthole in the current room.
- Aim: Type AIM <Cannon Name> <Airship Name>, to aim a cannon at an airship.
- Fire: Type FIRE <Cannon Name>, to fire that cannon.
- Tow: Type TOW (Location) with your airship key in your inventory.
- Repair: Type REPAIR (Type) for manual airship repairs. Type REPAIR LIST
- Board: Type BOARD <Airship Name>, to board another airship (when defeated).
- Deboard: Type DEBOARD <Airship Name>, to return to your airship.
- Ping: Type PING <Direction optional>, to locate mobs and airships around you.
- Beacon: Type BEACON, to see a list of available beacons.
- Teleport: Type TELEPORT #, using the number of beacon to teleport there.
- Remcannon: Type REMCANNON <Cannon Name> to remove & refund your cannon.(currently disabled)
- Remengine: Type REMENGINE <Engine> while in the engine room to remove your engine.(currently disabled)
- Hull: Type HULL (Code) to upgrade hitpoints. Type HULL LIST.
- CB: Type CB to speak over the CB radio to all airships.
- Loud: Type LOUD (Message) to send a message outside your airship.
- Compass: Type COMPASS, to see the current rooms around you.
- Navlight: Type NAVLIGHT to turn on your outside airship lights to see in the dark.
- Drive: Type DRIVE <Direction>, to move your airship in a direction.
- Leave: Type LEAVE, within the helm room to leave the airship.
- Enter: Type ENTER <Airship Name>, to enter an open airship.
- Status: Type STATUS, which displays fuel & hitpoints.
- Rent: Type RENT, while in a parking zone to safly store your airship.
- Unrent: Type UNRENT <Airship Name>, to unpark your airship & get your keys.
- Airspeed: Type AIRSPEED #, to change how fast you go & how much fuel you use.
- Airopen: Type AIROPEN <Direction>, to open a door from inside your airship.
- Arecall: Type ARECALL SET, to set a recall point on your airship (ARECALL to go)